This week was a lot better. I no longer have the cold and I feel like my old self again. I think last week more than anything was hard because I was sick.
- he is more afraid of spiders than me, he can not even look at them. We have had two spiders in the house so far and I have had to kill them, as he runs into a different room. It is actually funny and I see why Luke tormented mom and I so much.
- is a bit messy. Does not really clean up after himself, just puts wrappers on the floor, and NEVER flushes the toilet. I got on him for that today as he took a dump, wiped, and just left it. The bathroom smelt so bad!
- he is really nice though and pretty laid back, never really have any arguments and things are going well. Just have to teach him to clean up a little more.
- it is colder than ever in the house. The windows do not fully shut and we are missing a lot of windows too, so there is cross breeze at times. I tried doing some repairs, but do not care all that much and do not want to spend money on the house. I took cardboard and boarded up some of the windows and threw the closet door (already was off the hinges) in front of our window in the bedroom. It has helped and it is a bit warmer in the house. However knowing that I have an ice shower to take makes it EXTREMELY difficult to get out of bed. I like my hot water showers. The cold water showers bother me so much I became an electrician this week. Hooked up the shower heater (attaches to where the water comes out), wired it all up, bought a new switch/flip-on for the breaker, and installed it all my self. Got to say I was quite proud of myself. Hopped in the shower and we had hot water... for two minutes until we lost all power in the house. Did some investigating, to find out, it was not my fault but the fault of the house. There was another switch downstairs that blew. We went without electricity for 32 hours. Called over an electrician and he confirmed that I did everything right and it is the fault of the house. The breaker box downstairs and the switch that was in it was very old and have even been discontinued. Again I was happy to find out it was not my fault and I did everything right. It will cost the Landlords about Q500 to upgrade it so we can have hot water and things will run smoother but they are crazy people and say it will cost Q8,000 (even though I already checked all the prices and it will be Q165 just for the supplies). They are so closed hearted and do not want to do anything, so we are back to no hot water. I just checked the prices today so I plan on talking to them again and showing them it is not as much as they think. Hoping they will do it because cold showers are awful! If not we are looking for a new house.
-They have McDonald's delivery, so for breakfast one day we ordered in McDonald's! It was awesome! Do not know why we do not have that in the states.
- Bishop invited us over for dinner yesterday and we showed up at 8 and nothing was prepped or ready. We helped them make and cook the dinner. I diced all the vegetables, and prepped the chicken (thanks mom :) ) but the dinner did not finish until 9:20. We are supposed to be in the house no later than 9:30 and we got home at 9:45. Our leaders were not very happy with us, but that is ok, I felt like we needed to stay and eat with them as they told us they normally eat no later than 5 but waited for us tonight and it was with the whole family... Oh well.
-Bought a Buyern Munchen jersey (its a fake but only cost Q45 and something to wear while playing soccer.)
I have got the hang of the area, know the members (only about 55 of them, do not understand how it is a ward), I am back to normal health, bought dishes for the house so we can cook at night and in the morning again, comp got his money so we are living the life again with food throughout the week, and the spanish is coming along. Also we are about to have a zone pizza party, Dominos.
Having the best day of his life,
Potatoes from the Ralph's