It has been a long week.
My new area is Carolingia in Zone Milagro. Zone Milagro is supposedly the most dangerous zone here in the mission, but I have not seen anything yet. My new companion is Elder Rojas from Chile and he is super awesome, easy going, and pretty chill. Within this last week there were a lot of things that are not as great as I would like, such as...
-I reconfirmed that I hate packing and unpacking... it is the worst.
-There is not hot water. Every morning I have to take a polar bear plunge shower which is awful! It makes it so hard to get up in a cold house knowing I have to take an ice cold shower.
- There are not/hardly any dishes in the house so cooking stuff as of right now is a no go... can not cook or make anything. Also I have to unplug the fridge to use the microwave or stove, can only use one at a time.
- Comp lost our phone so all week we went with out one and that just made things harder than it should have been.
- Comps card was also robbed so he has no money and we had to pay rent this week too, so I paid his share until he can get his money in a week or two. I have enough though to pay for lunch, laundry, and some things on Monday but nothing to pay for snacks during the week, drinks, or dinner.
- I also got a cold. Though I did need my sweater and I got a cold. It is COLD here. This morning we could see our breath walking outside. Never thought it would get this cold.
Other misc. things....
- Every time I tell people my name they always say, "oh like the movie, Freddy Cougar." I do not understand why but that is what everyone here thinks of and one investigator called me Freddy. It is pretty funny though.
- The church is the smallest church I have ever seen. One ward, 50-70 members. This Sunday there were only 50 people at church, kinda a shock.
- 6 sister missionaries in my new zone, one from Seattle.
That's about it for this week.
Having the best day of his life,
New Companion Elder Rojas