Never fully know how to format the letters or what order to write things and bullet points are just easier...
- This last week I learned how to do a Rubik's cube, that is pretty neat.
- I bought some ugly ties for Brother Brandt and I am looking forward to photos of him wearing them in church.
- Did some service for a recent convert and painted her house. All the paint here is water based and does not work very well but it is still fun to go and paint.
- Elder Fisher has a Frisbee and it felt SO good to play with it last week for a little. Unfortunately that did not last very long as the Latinos started complaining and just wanted to play soccer. That's all we play here because that is all the Latinos know how to play.... it gets kinda boring.
- We were walking down the street in the market and on the corner were standing two policemen and they called us over. At first I was curious as to what they wanted but the conversation very quickly turned into a very spiritual conversation. We talked with them on the corner for about 10 minutes and they eventually gave us their address to pass by their house later. It is just too bad they live in a different zone.
- This last week I also ate some more disgusting food. We ate egg plant and cow liver. I think it was my first time eating egg plant and I did not like it. Also, cow liver is nasty! It was cooked like a beef patty and it was hard to force it down. It is not something people should eat.
- I was also given "Dientes de Perro" which is a chilly and is supposed to be one of the hottest peppers. It is just a small red pepper and everyone told me I was going to die. So of course I was excited to eat it! I was quickly disappointed when it did not kill me. Yes it was a hot pepper, but it was bearable. No tears, no red face, it did not burn me twice, it was a real disappointment. Nothing like the hot sauce from Levenworth or the level 7 hot wing from "the WingDome".
- Perhaps the greatest thing this week was a BAPTISM!!! We baptized our big pregnant lady. It is always so awesome to have a baptism!
All in all it was a great week.
Here is a little spiritual thought:
Everyone has rough times in there life. They feel discouraged and overwhelmed but that is normal and it is what we do in those times that define us! Keep going and turn to the Lord. Even Moses felt discouraged and asked God to die (Numbers 11:14-15), and Moses was awesome!
Having the best day of his life,